Saturday, January 12, 2008

ICT?? What on Earth is it?

ICT- What is it actually? With the barage of technology stuffed down your throat, I am now not sure anymore. I am no technology geek so my confusion arises from my own desire to be ignorant. You can't really blame me for that. It is hard to keep up with the pace of changes in technology. I remember that when I started working, I was able to buy myself my first video camera. It was kind of big but because it was affordable, I bought the video camera. It was the kind that uses the tiny video cassette like the one you see in the picture. Little did I know that that piece of technology that I had purchased was going to be obselete in the next months. The next phase was moving in. The age of digital videos and tiny CD-roms -not video cassette. I really felt cheated....although I was ignorant, I would expect the shop assistant could at least provide more information, don't you agree?

Is everything concerning technology can be considered a tool for ICT? Like the digital video cameras? Or is it just limited to the Information Communication Technology tools like handphone, e-mail, web pages, blogs, internet, web cams which facilitate one's communicate. I mean is ICT about the way we use technology to interact? Somehow, I have this feeling that it is not so.......

4 comments:

Ash311072 said...

Hi Su,
If you think you are an ICT geek, think again. Let me introduce you to an even greater GEEK. Me, of course.

Ash

Ash311072 said...

Hi Su,

I meant in my dreaMS!

Ash

Michelle Chan said...

My Dear Su,
Fret not for you son. My son grew up in the digital age. I remembered he changed my desktop setting when in P1 more than 12 yrs ago. I thought I was the most savvy one since the computer was bought for my use. Don't hold the reign too tight though. I am his friend and he tells us alot. Of course he needs his own space too.
Cheers!

sarina said...

hey su
so are u still using that video camera now? he he...
;)